Thursday, December 17, 2015

Tuesday: Christmas Markets Wurzberg

From the pen of Remus Brasier at the hotel Wurzburg at 10:05pm on Tuesday the 15th of December 2015

Have you ever heard of kinderpunsch?

It's technically just hot green apple juice.A bit sour so that you can have a few of them and a bit sweet to make it  bearable.  

It has been the greatest thing yet in my trip around Europe.



So that's why I was making the most of it on my last night in Germany(tomorrow I head off to Paris) by drinking it out of a boot.No, not an actual boot, just a cup in the shape of a boot! 

(If you go on to my mums Instagram you can see Rafferty drinking out of his:@marikamcmahon)

After an absolutely brilliant breakfast we headed to Marienburg Fortress which is a big castle overlooking the town of Wurzburg.  It is high on a hill, so steep that when I was having a race with Rafferty
fell over.  Quite a lot.  It was also fun in the courtyard when Kate and I pretended we were Knights, galloping and swinging our swords in battle,obviously inspired by the ancient swords in the museum.

I  also pretended to behead Raff



At night, before the markets, all the others decided to go onto the bridge where there were lots of statutes of holy figures of the same time that the bridge was built,Including one of st kilian, the man who my school is named after!

The hotel we've being staying is called hotel Wurzburg and it is magnificent.Very olde-worlde as my aunty would say.It's the best temporary home we've had yet and it's going to be hard to beat.But my favorite Christmas market would be Stuttgart's.



And if was to live some where in Germany for the rest of my life, nothing could beat Frankfurt.

And so, with that, I announce the ending of this leg of a very big trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment