Sunday, December 20, 2015

Napoleon's tomb

From the pen of Remus Brasier on Thursday 17th of December 2015 at precisely 9:56(Parisian time)

It goes without saying that N.bonaparte was and still is an entrepreneur of modern warfare.

A genius at planning offensive and defensive strikes to be carried out in battle.  An example of this would I be the legendary battle of austerwiltz which he won with flying colors.

Me,dad and Rafferty all saw this at the Paris museum of Invalides. Yes,this is my recount of my first full day in Paris for this trip.So let me start from, well, the start.

In the morning I woke up, reluctantly,(because the beds at the hotel we are staying at are magnificently comfy indeed) and got ready to go.

Mum and Aunty Flis planned to go shopping and do other girl stuff for most of the day.  Dad,Rafferty and me, as I have already said, decided to go to the museum Invalides. 

Once we got there we headed to the medieval to pre 1860's exhibits and saw many examples of artillery and armour of that time.  There were cannons and computerized recounts of battles.  I can say this:If you ever get the chance to go there I would definitely recommend it.  The World War One and two Exhibits are brilliant as well.  



The cafe there was amazing,I had a baguette with chicken, tomato and mozzarella.  We also had a look at the world famous napoleons tomb which, if you ask me, is a bit overrated.

Afterwards, we went back to the hotel.  Raff,dad and me all went to a crepearie in which we had both savoury and sweet crepes.  THEY WERE BRILLANT!!

  

After that, we decided to go back to the hotel and get some well earned rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment