Sunday, July 21, 2013

A dream come true: arriving in London

London, the best of all the cities. 

I was so excited to arrive. We got off the plane and walked through to the airport. We then walked to the customs place where we had to get our passports checked then we went and got our baggage but my bag I had as carry on. 

Then we walked out into the airport and and(by the way Kate had organized this bit)a man with a piece of card board with my name on it was standing there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He was there to drive us to our hotel.

We left our luggage there, our room wasn't ready so we thought we would go to the park opposite but it was a private garden that you have to have a key to get into. 

Kate then came and we walked past lots of London houses and I saw lots of great cars. We went to a food shop called ottolenghi and I got a s'more biscuit which is a biscuit with marshmallow in the middle, it looked a bit like an Oreo.

We then hopped on a double decker bus. Raff and I got the seats at the front. We want past Hyde park. 



We then hopped on a train on the tube. Kate taught us rules about the tube like wait until the people get off before you get on and on the escalator you have to keep in the right. The tube is underground. I loved it. Unfortunately the same couldn't be scared for raff, he was a bit scared. 

We got the tube to Brixton. Most of London is very old and it is very good. 

We had dinner at Kate's house and after dinner I was so tired I could hardly stay awake but mum and dad kept me up 

We went for a walk to a windmill in Brixton and then to see a house that was on grand designs 



We then went back to our hotel and had a great sleep





No comments:

Post a Comment